IPC uses radio for Christmas subscriptions drive
LONDON – IPC Media aims to boost the circulations of its subscription magazines, including monthly glossies Marie Claire, In Style and lads magazine Loaded, with a radio campaign featuring 'Cutting It' star Lucy Gaskell.
The on-air campaign marks a break from traditional subscription marketing methods such as direct marketing, and is the first time the publisher has used radio to promote subscriptions.
There are two executions in which Gaskell, who plays Ruby in the hairdressing drama, points listeners to a website at xmassubscriptions.com. In the second, she highlights a Christmas subscriptions hotline number.
Both ads use the line: "Don't give a gift that lasts five minutes, give one that lasts 12 months".
Jonathan Hoar, senior marketing manager, said: "Magazine subscriptions are an increasingly popular and mainstream Christmas gift. At IPC, we are determined to stay ahead of the game by promoting our uniquely diverse portfolio of titles to a broad audience, as we know we have a title for everyone."
The ads, which break today, highlight the broad range of magazines in IPC's portfolio including titles ranging from Horse and Hound to Living Etc, Chat and Marie Claire.
IPC Subscriptions will be supporting the radio campaign with a field marketing campaign in London shopping centres and at nationwide gift fairs, selling gift subscriptions face-to-face to Christmas shoppers.
The stands will carry copies of all IPC's titles, giving shoppers a chance to browse the magazines before they take out a subscription.
"Tradionally, subscriptions would target people through direct mail, inserts and advertisements in IPC titles. We now feel it is important to expand on this and test a range of ways to reach new audiences. Magic FM and talking directly to potential readers is a fantastic way to do this," Hoar said.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Research Manager Brand Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Ipswich
- Mid Weight Designer 4 Multichannel-Experiential Agency Zebra People £30000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Communications Manager - Insurance Network Career Consultants £45000 - £52000 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Manager - Maternity Contract ADLIB £30000 - £35000 per annum, Wiltshire