Oxfam launches personalised emails to members
LONDON – Oxfam is launching a personalised email newsletter for supporters to help them feel more involved with the charity's activities.
The intelligent newsletter, which will contain content that closely match the interests of individual donors, has been developed by Social Republic, as part of an overhaul of Oxfam's electronic marketing strategy.
"By dynamically tracking the ways in which individual supporters navigate through Oxfam Reports Live, we can personalise the content of future issues to closely match the interests of individual supporters. This is key to developing close relationships with our supporters," said Tony White, Oxfam's e-marketing leader.
The monthly online publication will feature programme updates, campaigning news, supporter offers and information about Oxfam's fundraising activities, all designed to engage supporters and make them more aware of how they are helping Oxfam to combat poverty and suffering throughout the world.
Social Republic's MD Peter Askew said: "Working with Oxfam is significant for us because this is uncharted territory. Testing supporter relationship development through digital media will produce important learnings."
The agency is a spin-off of Agency Republic, specialising in developing social campaigns and initiatives for charity, not-for-profit and commercial clients.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire