Aerodeon and Bluegrid develop mobile loyalty offering
LONDON – Retailers will be able to offer money off coupons and reward vouchers to shoppers on their mobile phones with the launch of a new system developed by mobile marketing firm Aerodeon and software company Bluegrid.
Shoppers will be able to receive MMS and SMS coupons on their mobile phones and redeem them on participating products.
The coupons will be copy protected and read by barcode scanners and other equipment developed by Bluegrid.
The technology is being targeted at food and drink, and health and beauty products in Europe and North America.
Christopher Engman, managing director of Bluegrid Group, said: "The combination of the retail marketing software infrastructure Bluegrid is providing and the brand focus and campaign knowledge of Aerodeon contributes to our strong belief in this partnership and the value that it generates for our customers."
The technology is said to work with most Epos systems and trials are already taking place with brands and retailers across Europe.
Chris Bourke, managing director of Aerodeon UK, said: "With 75% of brand decisions now made in-store, any technology that can help influence that decision has enormous growth potential for brands and retailers. Aerodeon and Bluegrid will unite each other's unique talents to help our respective clients capitalise on this growth."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Copywriter (fixed term contract) become £35-45, London
- Design Director (FMCG) become £55-65K, Central London