Sony Europe appoints insider Griffiths as brand chief
LONDON - Sony Europe has named insider Andrew Griffiths as its new marketing chief for Europe, as the electronics giant focuses on maintaining its role as the 'king of audio and visual'.
Griffiths, who takes on the role of vice-president of marketing communications, has been with Sony for nearly 11 years, most recently as vice-president for the portable audio business group.
His role will cover more than 30 markets, including Russia and Central Europe, and he takes charge of all brand and through-the-line communications for Sony's consumer electronics and business products.
Sony said it plans to continue with the "you make it a Sony" strategy, created by Fallon. The agency was appointed in November 2002 by Griffith's predecessor Barbara Haase, director of marketing communications for Sony Europe, who has since left the company.
Griffiths said building relationships with customers was vital to building the brand. He said Sony was not just about products.
"The brand offers much more than that -- with pictures, movies and games to consider -- we are truly about fun and entertainment.
"I see part of my role as re-invigorating these values and reinforcing it not just in advertising commercials but right at the shop front as well. When you buy into Sony, you should be buying into a whole brand experience," he said.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- MID-WEIGHT DIGITAL DESIGNER - LONDON - £30K Salt £30000 per annum, City of London