Sony Europe appoints insider Griffiths as brand chief
LONDON - Sony Europe has named insider Andrew Griffiths as its new marketing chief for Europe, as the electronics giant focuses on maintaining its role as the 'king of audio and visual'.
Griffiths, who takes on the role of vice-president of marketing communications, has been with Sony for nearly 11 years, most recently as vice-president for the portable audio business group.
His role will cover more than 30 markets, including Russia and Central Europe, and he takes charge of all brand and through-the-line communications for Sony's consumer electronics and business products.
Sony said it plans to continue with the "you make it a Sony" strategy, created by Fallon. The agency was appointed in November 2002 by Griffith's predecessor Barbara Haase, director of marketing communications for Sony Europe, who has since left the company.
Griffiths said building relationships with customers was vital to building the brand. He said Sony was not just about products.
"The brand offers much more than that -- with pictures, movies and games to consider -- we are truly about fun and entertainment.
"I see part of my role as re-invigorating these values and reinforcing it not just in advertising commercials but right at the shop front as well. When you buy into Sony, you should be buying into a whole brand experience," he said.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated - £28-32K Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent agency benefits , London (Greater)