Vodafone Live! signs FT to provide business news
LONDON – The Financial Times has teamed up with Vodafone Live! to provide news content to mobile phone users as Vodafone begins an £8m push to boost customer numbers beyond the million mark.
The deal with the FT will see the paper provide Vodafone Live! customers with a standard and premium service option.
The standard service will offer the top business stories on FT.com as well as an industry section, a business in brief service and world news.
The premium WAP Gold site will provide the FT's Lex notes, market news, market quotes and a powerful search tool called "My Search".
Zach Leonard, FT.com's managing director for Europe Middle East and Africa, said: "FT.com's already extensive reach is expanded once again by this deal. Our award winning coverage can now be accessed directly by Vodafone Live!."
For the premium service users will pay £1 for one day's access, £3 for a week or £5 for a month. The fee will be charged directly to the user's phone bill.
Last week Vodafone Live! appointed ITN as its strategic news content partner to provide a video news service for mobile phones covering UK, international, business and showbiz news.
The £8m promotion campaign will focus on picture messaging at Christmas, with Vodafone predicting that the seasonal period will prove a major boost to picture-enabled mobile phones and its content and data service Vodafone Live!.
The latest Wieden & Kennedy spot featuring David Beckham, who is seen picture messaging from sunny Spain to his former Manchester United team mates, who are sheltering from the rain in Manchester
The TV campaign, created by J Walter Thompson, is being supported by ongoing activity in the press, on posters, outdoor and online.
Vodafone Live! has 710,000 users, and the mobile phone company's marketing director Lance Batchelor predicts that it will easily exceed one million connections by the end of March 2004.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Global CRM Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000, International/Europe