Posh quashes marriage rumours in Parkinson interview
LONDON – Victoria Beckham is to answer questions about the state of her marriage to footballing hero David on talk show 'Parkinson' tomorrow night on BBC One where she will scotch reports that the couple's relationship has hit the rocks.
Victoria aims to quash speculation that her marriage is in tatters because she did not want to move to Spain and that she has not been around much to take care of her children, Brooklyn and Romeo, because she is concentrating on her own pop career.
When Parkinson asks her if she is planning on a divorce she answers jokingly, "Apparently so!" adding: "Moving to Spain, we just got a house and we're getting settled. It's been great for us."
She describes how her footballer husband's move abroad happened very quickly and how they did not have a home in Spain, but that they wanted somewhere private.
Using the interview to emphasis that she spends a lot of time at home with the children, she tells Parkinson: "I'm there for quite a lot of time on my own with the kids. It was hard for us to find a house."
The interview follows front page lead article in the Sunday Mirror two weeks ago when she is reported to have told the England captain to quit Spain.
In the interview she is reported as having said: "It's my turn now. It's my way or the f***ing highway."
Parkinson asks her about speculation about professional rivalry between them, to which she answers: "Right at the start I was more famous than David. I'm proud of him."
She also claims their marriage has contributed to their fame.
"I think I wouldn't be as famous if I wasn't with David. And I don't think he would be as famous if he wasn't with me."
The interview is being screened just two days after the former Posh Spice accompanied her husband to Buckingham Palace where he was awarded an Order of the British Empire.
Speaking about the occasion, Victoria said the day was "fantastic" but asks "why does the Queen have a handbag when she's at home"?
Victoria ensured she was noticed at the event by wearing a Philip Treacy headdress.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London