Comic TV spots launch new Beechams throat lozenges
LONDON - A TV campaign by Grey London launches GlaxoSmithKline’s Beechams Max Strength lozenges with a series of comic warnings on the perils of a sore throat.
The three 10-second executions feature extreme situations where a sore throat could prove life-threatening. In one a lumberjack tries to warn of a falling tree, another has a parachutist stuck up a tree unable to call for help, while the third sees a waiter dragged off by a monster.
The national TV campaign launches this week and runs to the middle of February.
Alice Hunt, communications director at GlaxoSmithKline, said the aim of the spots was to appeal to a 16- to 34-year-old audience who wanted a 'no-nonsense' product. "We feel the humorous and original executions created by Grey and the Beechams product team achieve that perfectly. They're extremely impactful," she said.
Grey London's creative director Dave Alberts said the work was "an example of what can be achieved with a good client-agency relationship and a shared, powerful creative vision".
The spots were written by Colin Booth and Ben Stiltz and directed by Happy. Media buying was through Mediacom.
The Max Strength lozenges contain a combination of anaesthetic and anti-bacterial ingredients to tackle the seasonal sore throat.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Account Director Twist Recruitment £50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Brand Manager - Drinks Trace c. £58k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)