Yahoo! finance push reveals secret of male happiness
LONDON – Yahoo! UK & Ireland has launched an integrated marketing campaign for its personal finance website, created by Harrison Troughton Wunderman, which reveals that money rather than peace and love is what makes young men happy.
The campaign, to back the Yahoo! Personal Finance website, will target hard to reach ABC1 males with press advertising, online, viral, direct marketing and guerrilla activity. The campaign is designed to further increase market share and boost the association of the Yahoo! brand with personal finance.
Yahoo! Finance appointed Harrison Troughton Wunderman to handle its account in October.
The first stage of the campaign uses online banner ads and traditional media, with ads running in the Daily Mail and Daily Telegraph, and will run until the end of December. Media planning and buying was handled by Manning Gottlieb OMD.
Running in concert with the campaign and to boost its chances of reaching its intended male audience, Yahoo! Personal Finance has also launched a viral game and "wealth calculator", MakemoneyBehappy, which will put a price on happiness by quantifying how much money is needed for the user to attain true happiness and how far off in years this target is.
The site, created by creative agency Poke, follows an in-depth independent study of 1,000 working men carried out for Yahoo! Personal Finance by Lightspeed Research into wealth and happiness, which discovered money was the main motivation for happiness among British men.
What would make men the happiest in life?
1. 31% - being financially secure
2. 21% - winning £200,000
3. 11% - world peace
4. 4% - birth of first child
5. 2% - getting married
6. 1% - dating attractive women
7. 1% - England winning the Rugby World Cup
The viral game is being supported by PR and guerrilla activity. The guerilla campaign, including actors donned out to look like Hare Krishna will be handing out branded flyers among male City workers to drive traffic to the game, and to create awareness of the game and the brand.
The game is also being supported by an banner campaign both on and off the Yahoo! network, with creative by Poke and media bought by MG OMD.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- General Manager - Integrated Advertising Agency - Dubai MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- MIDWEIGHT DESIGNER - award winning global agency! Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London