AMK Media wins Inspired ringtones media buying pitch
LONDON - AMK Media has won the media planning and buying account for UK mobile download firm, Inspired Broadcast Networks.
Inspired owns brands such as Poptext, for ringtones, alongside niche brands, Spank for the men's market and Meaow for teenagers.
The ringtone market is predicted to increase five-fold by 2006, and the Java Game download market to triple over the same period.
AMK won the account following a two-way pitch against Matters Media. Creative continues to be handled in-house.
The agency will begin work on a new campaign due to break immediately across print and ambient media to capture the Christmas market of new or upgraded mobile phone owners.
In the UK text and photomessaging revenue is increasing by 30% per year, and among 15-34 year olds, mobile phone penetration is almost complete at 90%.
As well as ringtone brands, Inspired also owns 'itbox', a new generation of paid-for entertainment pub digital terminals, and was recently in the news for the development of the jukeboxes which can hold over 2m tracks.
Rick Mower, marketing and wireless director of Inspired, said: "We chose AMK for not only their solid response-based strategic planning, but also in the lateral thinking and quality of creative solutions, which will help us achieve cut through in a crowded market."
Niko Martikas, AMK Media managing director, said: "AMK Media are experts in industry-specific media buying, particularly for the mobile phone sector. By understanding how people use their mobile phones we can drive the message to key audiences and be assured of a quantifiable response."
The new account win adds to a number of others that AMK has handled in the mobile phone arena, including WOW Telecom and Telecom One.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire