OTC extends white label agreement with Freeserve
LONDON – The Online Travel Corporation has signed a one-year extension of its contract to supply travel content to Freeserve.
The agreement, which follows a contested pitch, will see OTC enhancing its strategic partnership with Freeserve, and supplying content, including flights, where OTC will become the ISP's exclusive supplier for the first time, Eurostar tickets, ferries, villas and cottages.
The deal also includes what OTC calls its customer service, which it calls Build-Your-Own technology. This allows Freeserve's 2.6m users to self-package their own holidays online by combining flights and hotels.
The custom market and already accounts for a high proportion of the site's sales as it becomes a more popular option for consumers. It now accounts for 35% of all bookings made across the OTC's 80 own-brand and partner sites.
Jon Gisby, Freeserve managing director of portals, said: "At Freeserve we are committed to being best of breed in everything we do so we are delighted to add Online Travel Corporation to our list of trusted travel partners and we are confident our users will find their services both useful and reliable."
OTC currently white labels its technology to over 60 leading ISPs, portals and media companies including Virgin.net and Electronic Telegraph.
Vic Darvey, sales director at OTC, said: "We have worked with Freeserve for over three years now, and we look forward to enhancing our strategic partnership with one of the UK's leading ISPs."
He added: "Our market-leading self-packaging technology was crucial to this win. The growth of BYO across the industry has been phenomenal over the last year, and its great to see that Freeserve customers have adapted to this trend so readily."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- QC Portfolio Sport 100, London (Greater)
- New Business Manager Beyond The Book £30,000-£40,000 +bonus+car, Derbyshire / Leicestershire / Lincolnshire / Northamptonshire / Nottinghamshire
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Communications Executive Haymarket Media Group Dependant on Experience, Teddington, London (Greater)