VisitBritain hires Draft London for European DM push
LONDON - VisitBritain, the body responsible for promoting tourism in Britain, has hired Draft London for a three-year campaign across Western Europe.
The agency is tasked with conducting brand-building marketing activity to drive both short and longer-term consumer interest in the British tourism industry. The strategy includes an 'umbrella' campaign to provide for the promotion of specific British destinations as well as campaigns targeting audiences in Ireland, the Netherlands and Belgium.
An initial 18 agencies tendered for the brief, with four agencies pitching for the business. Draft will be retained as VisitBritain's agency of record for the Europe West area.
VisitBritain was formed in April 2003 through the merger of the former British Tourist Authority and English Tourism Council. Its mandate is to increase the contribution of the tourism industry to the British economy through its marketing work, targeting both the international and domestic markets.
The account is Draft London's first business win in the tourism industry.
Last month VisitBritain marketing director Michael Beddingfield set the organisation the target of a 30% increase in domestic tourism by 2010.
A TV advertising campaign through WCRS will break in January in Britain and Western Europe promoting England as a summer holiday destination, while a further campaign will run in September.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London