AOL launches website to drive UK advertising sales
LONDON - AOL UK, the internet arm of Time Warner, has launched a website as part of its campaign to promote the virtues of advertising online.
The UKMediaspace site is specifically designed to drive advertising custom to AOL itself, while addressing wider issues of the benefits and processes of online advertising. The site also includes examples of successful online advertising campaigns and advice on how to emulate them.
The site was designed by digital communications agency Reading Room, and is supported by an online advertising campaign which will run on media websites. The launch of the site follows a promotional campaign in the trade press, again attempting to drive advertising to the site.
AOL UK's director of strategy for interactive marketing, Greg Paine, said that the site would be a valuable resource to potential advertisers: "Online is the fastest-growing advertising medium in the UK but there is still some confusion among advertisers and their agencies about what can be achieved and why it should be central to the media mix. As a major online media owner, we have a responsibility to boost the understanding of what online can offer," he said.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London