Douwe Egberts launches first direct marketing drive
LONDON - Tea and coffee brand Douwe Egberts is to mark its 250th anniversary with its first direct marketing campaign in the run-up to Christmas.
The campaign, planned and distributed by The Leaflet Company, will see over 1.5m items delivered and will run for two weeks to promote the brand founded in Holland in 1753.
The mail drop will target grocery shoppers aged over 35 and will contain a £2.50 discount voucher. The campaign is backed up by press advertisements in supermarket in-store magazines, and the mail-out is specifically targeted at households within supermarket catchment areas nationwide.
Mark Young, managing director of The Leaflet Company, said that the campaign sought to avoid wastage by targeting homes close to Douwe Egberts stockists: "All too often FMCG marketers get obsessed with demographics and target markets, door dropping on a mass scale without considering the geographic elements. We have planned this campaign to ensure Douwe Egberts get maximum penetration in those areas where the major retailers stock the product," he said.
The brand is owned by Utrecht-based Sara Lee/DE, which merged with Douwe Egberts in 1978. The company is a subsidiary of American food giant Sara Lee Corporation.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Pharma / Healthcare Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Senior Consultant - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £60k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (West), London (Greater) / Twickenham, Lo...