Douwe Egberts launches first direct marketing drive
LONDON - Tea and coffee brand Douwe Egberts is to mark its 250th anniversary with its first direct marketing campaign in the run-up to Christmas.
The campaign, planned and distributed by The Leaflet Company, will see over 1.5m items delivered and will run for two weeks to promote the brand founded in Holland in 1753.
The mail drop will target grocery shoppers aged over 35 and will contain a £2.50 discount voucher. The campaign is backed up by press advertisements in supermarket in-store magazines, and the mail-out is specifically targeted at households within supermarket catchment areas nationwide.
Mark Young, managing director of The Leaflet Company, said that the campaign sought to avoid wastage by targeting homes close to Douwe Egberts stockists: "All too often FMCG marketers get obsessed with demographics and target markets, door dropping on a mass scale without considering the geographic elements. We have planned this campaign to ensure Douwe Egberts get maximum penetration in those areas where the major retailers stock the product," he said.
The brand is owned by Utrecht-based Sara Lee/DE, which merged with Douwe Egberts in 1978. The company is a subsidiary of American food giant Sara Lee Corporation.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Art Director createselect Up to £40K pa, depending on experience, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- DM Account / Senior Manager Â– Not for profit / Charity sector ADLIB £Dependent on experience , South West England / Gloucestershire
- Project and Operations Manager BIS Recruit up to £50,000 plus BUPA Share Options free beer breakfasts and more, City of Westminster, London (Greater)
- Business Forecaster / Modeller BIS Recruit up to £40,000 plus BUPA, Share Options, free beer and more, City of Westminster, London (Greater)
- Information Security Analyst BIS Recruit up to £35,000 Bupa, Share Options, Free Beer and more, City of Westminster, London (Greater)