PPA backs magazine advertising in £5m marketing push
LONDON - The Periodical Publishers Association has launched a £5m initiative aimed at promoting magazine advertising to brand managers and agencies.
PPA Marketing will provide resources and training to potential clients, in addition to advocating the case for advertising in magazines.
The strategy was unveiled on Tuesday by PPA marketing board chair and IPC Advertising managing director Georgina Crace after 18 months of planning. The body will work alongside the Magazine Advertising Group, which was established last year to promote better cooperation between media agencies and magazine companies.
Duncan Edwards, managing director of the National Magazine Company, said: "The initiative is a superb example of how our industry can, and should, work together. All the evidence suggests that magazines currently take less share than rational analysis would suggest that they should."
The PPA Marketing Charter states that it will provide agencies and clients with insight into the effectiveness and relevance of magazine advertising, access to relevant information about magazines, a more knowledgeable sales force delivering a better service, and dialogue between the magazine sector and advertisers.
A spokesman for IPC Media said that £5m of investment has gone into the cross-industry scheme. "Our main target is to develop the medium to meet its potential while responding to the needs of our clients," he said.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Account Executive fishtank £22000 - £25000 per annum, Ascot
- Digital Senior/Account Director - Consumer/Lifestyle Clients Digital Gurus £45000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, City of London