Publicis Dialog scoops Grand Prix at DMA Awards
LONDON – Publicis Dialog scooped the Grand Prix at this week's DMA Awards, in association with the Royal Mail, for a response-driven interactive TV campaign for the Depaul Trust.
The winning campaign for the charity allowed viewers to get a feel for life on the streets by asking them to make choices, via the remote control, for a young homeless person.
Using the same method, the campaign allowed participants to make a donation to the charity, which would be added to their digital TV bill.
Adam Crozier, chair of judges and chief executive of Royal Mail, said: "The view of all the Grand Prix judges was that while there was an incredibly strong body of work entered into the DMA Awards this year, we were looking for work with a cutting edge that opens up new avenues for direct marketing. The feeling was that Publicis Dialog's interactive DRTV ad for the Depaul Trust does just that."
Harrison Troughton Wunderman and Story also shone at the awards, picking up five golds each. HTW won two golds each for its work on Xerox and M&G Investments, and one for IBM Global Services. Story won five gold awards for its Glenmorangie work.
Craik Jones walked away with three golds for Land Rover UK, Orange and Lever Faberge.
"Chairing the Grand Prix judging this year allowed me to witness the tremendous strength and depth of ideas being generated by direct marketers. It was so very reassuring to see that the recession has failed to dent the quality of direct marketing output, leaving it stronger than ever and ready to expand its boundaries," Crozier said.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1