Publicis Dialog scoops Grand Prix at DMA Awards
LONDON – Publicis Dialog scooped the Grand Prix at this week's DMA Awards, in association with the Royal Mail, for a response-driven interactive TV campaign for the Depaul Trust.
The winning campaign for the charity allowed viewers to get a feel for life on the streets by asking them to make choices, via the remote control, for a young homeless person.
Using the same method, the campaign allowed participants to make a donation to the charity, which would be added to their digital TV bill.
Adam Crozier, chair of judges and chief executive of Royal Mail, said: "The view of all the Grand Prix judges was that while there was an incredibly strong body of work entered into the DMA Awards this year, we were looking for work with a cutting edge that opens up new avenues for direct marketing. The feeling was that Publicis Dialog's interactive DRTV ad for the Depaul Trust does just that."
Harrison Troughton Wunderman and Story also shone at the awards, picking up five golds each. HTW won two golds each for its work on Xerox and M&G Investments, and one for IBM Global Services. Story won five gold awards for its Glenmorangie work.
Craik Jones walked away with three golds for Land Rover UK, Orange and Lever Faberge.
"Chairing the Grand Prix judging this year allowed me to witness the tremendous strength and depth of ideas being generated by direct marketers. It was so very reassuring to see that the recession has failed to dent the quality of direct marketing output, leaving it stronger than ever and ready to expand its boundaries," Crozier said.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire