Ford promotes 'Evil Twin' Sportka via text campaign
LONDON - Ford Motor has launched its latest mobile marketing push to promote the launch of Sportka, the Ka's 'Evil Twin', following the success of its debut mobile marketing campaign.
The campaign specifically targets young male drivers who may be considering purchasing a small "warm hatch" style vehicle. Data captured will be used to develop an ongoing dialogue with the target audience via direct marketing, SMS and email.
Developed by direct marketing agency Harrison Troughton Wunderman and mobile marketing firm Flytxt, the campaign is designed to appeal to the lad's mag audience and to get over the idea that Sportka is not a girl's car.
Usha Raghavachari, Ford Ka brand manager, said: "SMS is a great medium for Ford to contact young male drivers, who are extremely confident and comfortable using text to communicate. The immediacy and ease of response of mobile makes it the ideal method for establishing contact and building a long-term communication."
The mailing will go out to 30,000 in-market prospects who can respond for further information and the chance to win five state-of-the-art Sony Trinitron Wega widescreen TV and DVD sets via a text-to-win code or postal entry.
Text entrants are sent a confirmation text message prompting them to send in their email address. Recipients are also encouraged to complete and return a short lifestyle-focused questionnaire included in the pack.
Dave Barker, Flytxt commercial director, said: "Ford's initial campaign has prompted it to include mobile marketing in the Sportka launch. We are delighted that it has chosen to work with Flytxt again."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- CRM Planner The Great & The Good Up to £100k , West End
- International Marketing & Sales Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director - Top 10 Agency - Central London - c£48k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd c£48k+, Central London
- Graphic Designer (Print) Scripps Network Competitive Salary and Benefits package, Victoria, London (Greater)
- Project Manager Red Sofa London £45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)