Ford promotes 'Evil Twin' Sportka via text campaign
LONDON - Ford Motor has launched its latest mobile marketing push to promote the launch of Sportka, the Ka's 'Evil Twin', following the success of its debut mobile marketing campaign.
The campaign specifically targets young male drivers who may be considering purchasing a small "warm hatch" style vehicle. Data captured will be used to develop an ongoing dialogue with the target audience via direct marketing, SMS and email.
Developed by direct marketing agency Harrison Troughton Wunderman and mobile marketing firm Flytxt, the campaign is designed to appeal to the lad's mag audience and to get over the idea that Sportka is not a girl's car.
Usha Raghavachari, Ford Ka brand manager, said: "SMS is a great medium for Ford to contact young male drivers, who are extremely confident and comfortable using text to communicate. The immediacy and ease of response of mobile makes it the ideal method for establishing contact and building a long-term communication."
The mailing will go out to 30,000 in-market prospects who can respond for further information and the chance to win five state-of-the-art Sony Trinitron Wega widescreen TV and DVD sets via a text-to-win code or postal entry.
Text entrants are sent a confirmation text message prompting them to send in their email address. Recipients are also encouraged to complete and return a short lifestyle-focused questionnaire included in the pack.
Dave Barker, Flytxt commercial director, said: "Ford's initial campaign has prompted it to include mobile marketing in the Sportka launch. We are delighted that it has chosen to work with Flytxt again."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £32000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, City of London