SMA Nutrition targets new parents with CRM strategy
LONDON - SMA Nutrition, the baby milk producer, is to provide help and advice to expectant and new mothers as part of a new CRM programme developed by Haygarth.
The drive is aimed at improving communication with the target audience and showing that the brand is caring, by highlighting key information at relevant stages during pregnancy and after the baby's birth.
The information will only be sent to parents who have opted into receive it. Parents can sign up via SMA Nutrition's careline or via the Mum's Network at the SMA website.
Ongoing communications will be sent via post and email with content based on expectant mothers' due dates.
Falling birth rates in the UK is resulting in increasing competition in the babycare sector.
Robert McCabe, category manager at SMA Nutrition, said: "With a declining birth rate in the UK, it is now even more important than ever to encourage mothers to remain brand loyal."
He added: "We have been very impressed with Haygarth's creative understanding of the SMA Nutrition brand, its inherent knowledge of the market place and the way in which it has applied its expertise in data-driven marketing. This approach will help us bring a holistic approach to our marketing, PR and direct mail activities."
At the beginning of this year, Sainsbury's kicked off an acquisition drive to boost membership of its LittleOnes programme, which offers advice and information to pregnant women and mothers with small children.
The campaign, involving direct mail to bought-in lists supported by inserts, used an A-Z of babycare, which addressed a number of problems that come along with having a new baby and the appropriate solutions available in the supermarket chain.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall
- Your next role selling to media agencies! Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CRM Planner The Great & The Good Up to £100k , West End
- International Marketing & Sales Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director - Top 10 Agency - Central London - c£48k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd c£48k+, Central London