Lateral launches intern programme to inject new ideas
LONDON – Digital agency Lateral is launching an intern programme, starting in January 2004, which it hopes will bring an injection of new ideas, skills and enthusiasm.
The structured programme, dubbed the "LIP", will last three to six months and will include on-the-job training with opportunities to improve, develop and broaden the interns' skill base.
Laura Jordan, the senior designer at Lateral running the programme, said: "We hope to attract the best young talent with a simple, fair proposition. As a creative multimedia company, we want the injection of new ideas, skills and enthusiasm that interns can offer. In return, we'll provide young talent with valuable on-the-job training in an exciting, professional, supported environment."
Interns will receive weekly tutorials covering a variety of aspects of design, production, client handling and brief writing, which will be run by several senior Lateral staff who will share their knowledge.
Lateral's main aim is to attract the best people and has started discussions with top colleges across Europe.
"Self starters", those with no college background, or who have already left, will have an equal chance to get on the programme.
"For those at Lateral that enjoy it, there will be an opportunity to teach, in our own environment and for the direct benefit of Lateral. Plus we would be giving back to the industry, helping to train tomorrow's new-media folk," Jordan added.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Digital Brand Manager Veritas Partnership Ltd £45000 - £50000 Per Annum Bonus and Benefits, M40 Corridor
- MOBILE PRODUCT MANAGER - Leading High Street Fashion Success Digital £55000 per annum, London
- RETAIL MARKETING MANAGER - Mobile Success Digital £70000 per annum, Berkshire