Lateral launches intern programme to inject new ideas
LONDON – Digital agency Lateral is launching an intern programme, starting in January 2004, which it hopes will bring an injection of new ideas, skills and enthusiasm.
The structured programme, dubbed the "LIP", will last three to six months and will include on-the-job training with opportunities to improve, develop and broaden the interns' skill base.
Laura Jordan, the senior designer at Lateral running the programme, said: "We hope to attract the best young talent with a simple, fair proposition. As a creative multimedia company, we want the injection of new ideas, skills and enthusiasm that interns can offer. In return, we'll provide young talent with valuable on-the-job training in an exciting, professional, supported environment."
Interns will receive weekly tutorials covering a variety of aspects of design, production, client handling and brief writing, which will be run by several senior Lateral staff who will share their knowledge.
Lateral's main aim is to attract the best people and has started discussions with top colleges across Europe.
"Self starters", those with no college background, or who have already left, will have an equal chance to get on the programme.
"For those at Lateral that enjoy it, there will be an opportunity to teach, in our own environment and for the direct benefit of Lateral. Plus we would be giving back to the industry, helping to train tomorrow's new-media folk," Jordan added.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London
- Account Director - B2B & B2C to £65k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £65000 per annum, City of London