American Express reviews $375m global media account
LONDON - American Express has put its global $375m media-planning and buying account, currently held by WPP-owned MindShare, up for review after four decades with the network.
MindShare has held the account since the agency was created in 1998 out of the merger of the media operations of Ogilvy & Mather and J Walter Thompson. The account had previously been with O&M's media department since the 1960s.
A spokesman for the financial services giant in the US told the Wall Street Journal that the review is being held to "ensure that we stay at the forefront of changes in the global media landscape and that we have the best resources to work on our business".
The review is not expected to affect the UK account, which has been held by Carat since 1992. Creative in the UK is held by O&M.
The UK agencies' most current work is its "Long live dreams" campaign, which promotes the use of the credit card to make dreams come true.
American Express UK head of advertising Katherine Whitton refused to comment on the news.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)