Capital Radio Group appoints regional sales director
LONDON – Capital Radio Group has appointed Dominic Barker from GWR ad sales house Opus as its new regional sales director in the North.
Barker will manage clients and agencies in Newcastle, Glasgow and Manchester and takes up his new post on January 5 2004, reporting to Jo Bucci, regional commercial managing director.
He joins two other existing regional sales directors, with Sam Fielding responsible for Wales and the West and Jack Manzoor managing the South. Barker takes over from Liz Chapman, who has recently been covering for Dominic's predecessor, Deborah Meek.
According to Bucci: "Dominic is an important addition to an already strong Capital Radio Group commercial management team. North of England and Scottish markets continue to grow with some pace and it is our goal to offer ever-increasing service levels to our regional customers."
Barker spent six-and-a-half years at Opus, ultimately as head of sponsorship and promotions for the Opus North and Scotland team, covering clients including: Cussons, Matalan and Baxter's Soup.
Before this, Barker was head of sponsorship and promotions for Classic FM and later head of sponsorship and promotions for Opus National Sales.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1