Allmond Partnership wins Weetabix £15m media account
LONDON – Breakfast cereal Weetabix has handed its £15m media business to The Allmond Partnership following a three-way pitch.
Allmond knocked out incumbent PHD and Initiative in the final contest to take on the media-planning and buying and strategy for all Weetabix brands, including Ready Brek, Weetos, Mini Crunch and Weetabix cereal bars.
The win follows a change of ownership at the agency, after its management staged a buyout from Omnicom.
Nigel Allmond, chief executive of The Allmond Partnership, said: "This is a fantastic win for us. It represents everything that we have worked hard for this year following our decision to go independent and the investment we have made in expanding our team and range of services. We are privileged to have the opportunity to provide the Weetabix brands with the very best service and performance and are extremely proud to be working on such famous brands."
The review was called in September, just before Weetabix was sold by the George family, its owner of 70 years, to private investment firm Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst for £642m.
Hicks Muse owns a portfolio of British food brands such as Typhoo Tea, Branston Pickle, Hartley's Jam and Sun Pat peanut butter.
Weetabix has a 13.6% share of the breakfast cereal market, behind the market leader Kellogg.
Weetabix joins BT, which accounts for around 50% of TAP's business, the AA, COI Communications and Gucci on TAP's client list.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham