Telegraph Group launches Beagle 2 Mars supplement
LONDON - The Daily Telegraph is bringing out a 16-page tabloid supplement on Saturday to mark the landing of the British probe Beagle 2, which is due to land on Mars on Boxing Day.
The Daily Telegraph has secured a deal with The Open University to sponsor the supplement marking the landing.
This deal is the first between the Daily Telegraph and The Open University and was negotiated by Matthew Margetts in the Telegraph Group's commercial development department and Zed Media.
The supplement is one of a number of events that will mark the landing. Channel 4 is planning a live broadcast from Mars as part of its Christmas schedule.
'Live From Mars' will be one of five lectures from Dr Monica Grady of the Natural History Museum and will be devoted to the Beagle 2, Europe's first probe to Mars, which is due to land on Boxing Day.
The supplement marks the height of the Daily Telegraph's support for the mission to Mars. It will carry editorial about the mission and the science behind it, as well as featuring exclusive interviews with Professor Pilinger, head of planetary science at the Open University and the leading man behind the mission.
The supplement represents the largest single pre-landing coverage of the mission to land on Mars.
Professor Pilinger has managed to merge physics with popular culture, giving the mission wider appeal by commissioning Damien Hirst to paint the spaceship. The ship will also beam one of Hirst's images while playing music by Blur upon landing.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Designer - 6 month contract ADLIB £20000 - £25000 per annum, Somerset
- CRM Manager (1 year maternity cover) f1 Recruitment 50,000, Kensington
- Head of Digital and CRM - entrepreneurial global online brand - Hertfordshire - up to £75K f1 Recruitment Up to £75K depending on experience, Hertfordshire
- Web Development Manager - UK & Ireland - Travel f1 Recruitment £50,000, Surrey