Telegraph Group launches Beagle 2 Mars supplement
LONDON - The Daily Telegraph is bringing out a 16-page tabloid supplement on Saturday to mark the landing of the British probe Beagle 2, which is due to land on Mars on Boxing Day.
The Daily Telegraph has secured a deal with The Open University to sponsor the supplement marking the landing.
This deal is the first between the Daily Telegraph and The Open University and was negotiated by Matthew Margetts in the Telegraph Group's commercial development department and Zed Media.
The supplement is one of a number of events that will mark the landing. Channel 4 is planning a live broadcast from Mars as part of its Christmas schedule.
'Live From Mars' will be one of five lectures from Dr Monica Grady of the Natural History Museum and will be devoted to the Beagle 2, Europe's first probe to Mars, which is due to land on Boxing Day.
The supplement marks the height of the Daily Telegraph's support for the mission to Mars. It will carry editorial about the mission and the science behind it, as well as featuring exclusive interviews with Professor Pilinger, head of planetary science at the Open University and the leading man behind the mission.
The supplement represents the largest single pre-landing coverage of the mission to land on Mars.
Professor Pilinger has managed to merge physics with popular culture, giving the mission wider appeal by commissioning Damien Hirst to paint the spaceship. The ship will also beam one of Hirst's images while playing music by Blur upon landing.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London