Project Tyson launches with ad schedules booked solid
LONDON - Project Tyson, Emap's new weekly men's magazine, is to hit newsstands in January with advertising deals booked solid for the first six issues.
The title, announced earlier this year, will be a weekly men's celebrity magazine that also covers music and sport. It will target 16- to 30-year-olds and is expected to be a Heat for men. Its content has been described as "FHM meets The Sun".
Media agencies Zenith and Carat are among those who have booked advertising in the title.
Jo Blake, head of press at Carat, said: "Tyson gives our clients a market-shaping opportunity to target young men in a totally unique way."
The magazine has been under development for most of the year as Emap looks at ways to further exploit the nation's obsession with celebrity news. Rival IPC Media also has a team looking at new launches, led by former FHM editor Mike Soutar.
Stuart Mays, press director at ZenithOptimedia, said: "The opportunity to get involved from the start was a must, because our clients will benefit from the huge interest in this brand new magazine."
The magazine is edited by former Chat editor Paul Merrill, who was poached from rival IPC Media earlier in the year.
The Project Tyson sales team is headed up by Gyles Abbot, a former Emap salesman who rejoins the publisher after a stint at IPC Media and JCDecaux. He is joined by ad manager Jeff Perkins, who previously handled the commercial side of BBC Magazine's food title Olive.
Abbot reports to Emap mens' magazines commercial director Julian Elvin, who adds Project Tyson to his FHM remit.
Jason Trout, head of men's magazines at Emap Advertising, said: "The Project Tyson team is one of the strongest sales team ever assembled in the men's market. The team combines Emap expertise with new experience from a range of relevant marketplaces."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london