CNN International in three-year deal with tourism body
LONDON - CNN International has signed a three-year deal with the largest international tourism trade fair FITUR, which sees the cable news network become the event's exclusive international broadcast media sponsor.
The Madrid-based fair expects to welcome 95,000 tourism professionals from 170 countries to FITUR 2004, which takes place January 28-February 1. CNN will feature on all FITUR signage and promotion around the event.
Kevin Razvi, executive vice-president of CNN International advertising sales for Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and Asia Pacific, said: "At a time when the sector is still recovering from the impact of news events that discouraged travel, our objective is to signal our support for this important industry."
FITUR's advertising campaign for FITUR 2004 airs on CNN International in Europe/Middle East/Africa, in Asia-Pacific, on CNN en Espanol's Mexican and pan-regional feeds, and on CNN.com, marking the first time for FITUR to advertise the fair to an international television audience.
Ana Larranaga, director of FITUR, said: "The agreement with a brand as important as CNN International will facilitate the promotion around the world of FITUR and the tourist industry represented at the event."
CNN's sponsorship is its third recent initiative to support the travel and tourism industry. Last year, it spearheaded an advertising campaign with the Pacific Asia Travel Association in June to stimulate travel in the region in the wake of the war on terror and the SARS epidemic and in December it hosted the CNN Travel and Tourism Forum in London.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London