Sean Connery stars in television campaign for Dewar's
LONDON - Sir Sean Connery, the world's best known Scotsman, will boast that 'some age, others mature' as he promotes the country's best-known export in a televison ad for Dewar's Scotch whisky.
The advertising campaign promotes Dewar's Special Reserve 12-Year-Old Scotch and was created by the Barcelona-based ad agency Dayax. The 45-second spot will be shown on television and in cinemas in selected markets including the Lebanon, Greece and Russia, Thailand, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the Dominican Republic and Venezuela.
It features current shots of Sir Sean interspersed with film from earlier days, with the strapline "some age, others mature", shot in English but with subtitles.
Sir Sean is a high-profile supporter of the Scottish National Party but is often criticised because he lives overseas. He has appeared in television ads promoting the Japanese whiskey brand Suntory -- the brand promoted by Bill Murray's world-weary film star character in Sofia Coppola's film 'Lost in Translation' -- which also earned him criticism for being hypocritical.
In the role that made him famous, James Bond 007, Sir Sean was better known for sipping on a martini, shaken not stirred, than whisky.
Terms of the deal between Dewar's, owned by Bacardi-Martini, and Sir Sean have not been disclosed.
Neil Boyd, global brand director of John Dewar and Sons, said: "Dewar's is thrilled to be associated with Sir Sean Connery. He maintains his independent character, has matured into one of the most highly valued and admired men in the world and of course proudly touts his Scottish heritage."
The television campaign will be backed by print ads, also starring Sir Sean.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London