BBC names shortlist for £2bn technology contract bid
LONDON – The BBC has shortlisted eight firms for its £2bn technology services contract and to buy BBC Technology, which could lead to savings of £20m if outsourced.
The second stage shortlist of bidders are CSC, Fujitsu, EDS, Capita, Accenture, IBM, Logica and HP.
The move follows an internal strategic review of the BBC's technology requirements for the next decade. According to the BBC combining the contract with the sale of BBC Technology, which could fetch £100m, means the BBC can get the maximum value allowing it to invest more money into its programmes and services.
John Varney, chief technology officer at the BBC, said: "We have received really positive feedback from the market about this deal and are delighted to be able to announce that our timetable for procurement is on track.
"During the next phase of the process there will be a rigorous evaluation of not only the technology expertise and operations of these bidders, but their culture and fit with the BBC -- this is a crucial part of our negotiations."
The process for procurement and sale will be conducted in full consultation with staff and the unions and is subject to the approval of the secretary of state for culture, media and sport.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London