ITV pursuing Barrymore for fourth series of I'm a Celeb
LONDON - ITV1 is reported to be pursuing shamed television presenter Michael Barrymore for the fourth series of 'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!'.
It was reported at the weekend that the former quiz show host and presenter of 'Strike it Lucky', 'My Kind of People' and 'Kids Say the Funniest Things' is a hot favourite for the November show, which ITV1 is bringing forward to capitalise on the success of the third series, won by Kerry McFadden.
Barrymore has seen his life fall apart since the body of 31-year-old Stuart Lubbock was found floating dead in his swimming pool following a party almost two years ago.
At the height of his career 'My Kind of People' was attracting 13m viewers and in 1992 he was named ITV Personality of the Year. He was outed three years later by tabloid newspapers.
A trip to Australia would not be much of a move for Barrymore. The former star quit the UK for New Zealand at the end of last year.
Other names being tipped to appear are ex-Spice Girl Mel B, actress Patsy Kensit, rocker Billy Idol, former DJ Jimmy Saville, BBC dance DJ Tim Westwood, former Rangers star Paul Gascoigne and 1980s kids TV presenter Timmy Mallett, who was a back-up contestant this time around.
Chris Evans, Mel Sykes, Zoe Ball, Sam Fox and Jeffrey Archer have also been mentioned.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham