Weapon7 adds interactive to Nissan TBWA\London ad
LONDON - Nissan has appointed the interactive television agency Weapon7 to create a participation-based TV campaign for the Nissan 350Z to go live next month.
The agency was appointed following a three-way pitch overseen by Nissan and its media agency Manning Gottlieb OMD. It will work with TBWA\London to make the new Nissan television campaign interactive and has created all of the video content for the interactive element.
Weapon7 has worked on several other high-profile interactive television campaigns including Honda "cog", the Adidas ad starring David Beckham and Jonny Wilkinson, as well as creating an interactive element for the Robbie Williams' video for 'Something Beautiful', which drew 300,000 responses in the space of one week.
Yasmin Al-Jeboury, brand marketing manager at Nissan, said: "Weapon7's idea for consumer participation comes from the theme of innovation. It produces work that involve the audience in the brand and inspires consumers to participate -- building a relationship with the consumer."
Nissan was the first car maker to use interactive television and the Nissan 350Z campaign will be the fifth time it has used the medium.
Simon Smith, creative director at Weapon7, said: "Both MG OMD and Nissan are able to see the bigger picture for interactive TV and they want this campaign to be pioneering."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London