Weapon7 adds interactive to Nissan TBWA\London ad
LONDON - Nissan has appointed the interactive television agency Weapon7 to create a participation-based TV campaign for the Nissan 350Z to go live next month.
The agency was appointed following a three-way pitch overseen by Nissan and its media agency Manning Gottlieb OMD. It will work with TBWA\London to make the new Nissan television campaign interactive and has created all of the video content for the interactive element.
Weapon7 has worked on several other high-profile interactive television campaigns including Honda "cog", the Adidas ad starring David Beckham and Jonny Wilkinson, as well as creating an interactive element for the Robbie Williams' video for 'Something Beautiful', which drew 300,000 responses in the space of one week.
Yasmin Al-Jeboury, brand marketing manager at Nissan, said: "Weapon7's idea for consumer participation comes from the theme of innovation. It produces work that involve the audience in the brand and inspires consumers to participate -- building a relationship with the consumer."
Nissan was the first car maker to use interactive television and the Nissan 350Z campaign will be the fifth time it has used the medium.
Simon Smith, creative director at Weapon7, said: "Both MG OMD and Nissan are able to see the bigger picture for interactive TV and they want this campaign to be pioneering."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- Studio Manager / Front of House - brand & packaging agency Gabriele Skelton £24000 - £28000 per annum, London