Wella signs first advertising deal with Telegraph Group
LONDON - Wella haircare has signed a sponsorship deal with the Daily Telegraph as part of a six-month national marketing drive.
The deal will see an eight-page advertorial appearing in the Telegraph magazine on Saturday March 13 -- the first time that the brand has advertised with the Telegraph Group.
Along with the advertorial, Wella will be advertising on the same page as Telegraph's fashion editor Hilary Alexander's column appears. The deal was negotiated by Dorota Key, strategic planner in the Telegraph Group's commercial development department.
Wella was bought by Procter & Gamble last year and the brand is undertaking a massive marketing drive called Trend Vision 04 during the first half of the year.
This includes a Wella-branded double decker bus, sponsorship at London Fashion Week and a hairdressing competition. The company appointed Leo Burnett to handle its advertising last year after Bates UK closed, but the Trend Vision 04 work has been created in-house and the advertorial is by the Telegraph.
Kevin Arkell, corporate communications manager at Wella UK, said: "Telegraph magazine was our first choice because of its cutting-edge fashion and trends content. With the added endorsement of the UK's most renowned fashion editor Hilary Alexander, this partnership ensured everyone was talking about Wella Trend Vision."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- PR Account Director, B2B, German Speaking, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Business Development Director Tomorrow Recruitment £60k - £65k, East London
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £38000 - £48000 per annum + Superb Central London Benefits, City of London
- Graphic Designer Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £28,000, South West London