Trinity puts Carphone Warehouse founder on board
LONDON - Trinity Mirror has appointed Carphone Warehouse co-founder and deputy chairman David Ross to its board ahead of its results tomorrow, which are expected to show its national titles, including the Daily Mirror, under pressure.
Trinity Mirror's results are also predicted to show good progress by the regional papers where buoyant ad activity has been seen.
Earlier this week Sly Bailey, the Trinity Mirror chief executive, was reported to have called in management consultants McKinsey, fuelling speculation that she plans further cuts as the nationals struggle.
The job represented a call back for McKinsey, which was in at Trinity Mirror in 2002. Analysts at Societe Generale Securities predict a pre-tax profit of £168m.
Ross joins with immediate effect and will also sit on the newspaper firm's audit, remuneration and nomination committees.
Ross, 38, took a lead role with The Carphone Warehouse IPO in July 2000 and has been responsible for developing the mobile phone retail firm in Europe and driving through a series of major acquisitions including that of Tandy in the UK.
Ross, who qualified as a chartered accountant, adds the Trinity Mirror directorship to a number of other non-executive posts including National Express Group, Wembley National Stadium and Big Yellow Self Storage. He is also a council member of Sports England.
Sir Victor Blank, chairman of Trinity Mirror, said: "We are very pleased David Ross is joining the Trinity Mirror board. He brings a depth of independent knowledge to the board and his extensive consumer experience and wider corporate perspective will help us to continue with the implementation of our growth strategy."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London