AOL pushes broadband with Celador's 'Millionaire'
LONDON - AOL UK and Celador International have teamed up to develop a special broadband video version of 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?' for AOL Broadband members in the UK.
AOL members can also access the narrowband version of the game via the AOL service.
From early March, AOL Broadband members can put themselves in the hotseat opposite Chris Tarrant, who introduces and presents the specially developed AOL Broadband game.
The game features exclusive footage and camera angles all shot in the studio, to create the impression that the player is actually interacting with Chris Tarrant who gives feedback after each question.
Following the format of the successful television quiz, AOL Broadband members must correctly answer up to 15 consecutive questions to be in with an opportunity of winning the top prize. Points are earned based on the speed of response for each correct answer. The longer a player takes to answer, the fewer points they earn and points are also lost each time a lifeline is used.
Each AOL Broadband master account receives three free game credits a week, after which each game play costs 50p when bought in batches. Members can opt to use their lifelines at any time including the well-known 50:50 and Ask The Audience options, plus a new and exclusive "Search the Web with AOL" lifeline that gives them 60 seconds to use the AOL search engine to find the answer.
AOL Broadband is offering a monthly prize of £5,000 to the player with the highest cumulative score each month. Weekly prizes of £250 are also on offer to the player who reaches and correctly answers the 32,000-point question fastest.
Chris Condron, AOL UK's head of broadband content, said: "'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?' has been a huge hit on television and translates very well to the broadband environment.
"As well as providing access to the web version of the game, we have worked with Celador International to develop a special version of the game for our broadband members, giving them the opportunity to make the most of faster internet access to test their general knowledge online and win some great prizes."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London