Five Live 'speaks your mind' in 10th birthday campaign
LONDON - Radio Five Live is celebrating its 10th anniversary with its largest marketing campaign to date, with television, posters and online activity tackling controversial issues such as overpaid footballers and armed police.
The campaign will flag up a key year for the station with Euro 2004 and the Olympics on the horizon.
Launching on Saturday, four individual trails will highlight the range of debate on the station, illustrating hard-hitting topics such as overpaid footballers or arming the police.
Using the strapline "Speaks your mind", the campaign aims to highlight the key personality of the station and shows thoughts coming from the minds of listeners in the form of words illustrated on the screen. No voices are featured in the trails.
On the subject of overpaid footballers the line is "overated, overpaid $@?%!"; on the arming police debate an onlooker in a crime-ravaged landscape thinks: "Round here coppers need guns".
The campaign, created by DFGW, is supported by two poster executions that will run on BBC's national poster sites.
Tim Stoller, marketing manager at Radio Five Live, said: "This is a really eye-catching campaign in a really crucial year for the station. I think these trails represent the essence of the interactivity and lively debate that you find on Radio Five Live."
The trails are 60, 40, 30 and 20 seconds and will appear on BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Three and BBC Four.
According to the station, Five Live has grown from a founding audience of 4m listeners to more than 6m, peaking at 6.7m during the World Cup two years ago.
The ads will run until April 2. It is the second piece of recent work for the BBC created by DFGW. Earlier this week a promotional film was launched for BBC News.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Digital Account Director - luxury (approx. 3 months) Stopgap £210 - £230 per day, London
- Marketing Manager Salt £30000 - £34000 per annum, London