Matalan appoints Bubble Media for brand redesign
LONDON - Creative design agency Bubble Media has been appointed by discount clothing retail firm Matalan to redesign its signature brand, The Home Store, following a competitive pitch.
The branding and implementation brief will see Bubble raising the profile of Matalan's own-brand range, covering a wide number of products including bathroom accessories, bedding, cooking utensils and household goods.
The new branding will appear in store in time for the spring/summer season next year and may develop into other areas including point of sale.
Carol Hibbard, buying controller of the homeware department, at Matalan, said: "The Home Store brand is extremely popular with customers and we anticipate the new designs will take the range to a new level and create a strong level of consistency across the board."
The latest account win is Bubble's second in as many months, having just completed a project for the JD Group.
Liz Birkbeck, director at Bubble Media, said: "So far 2004 has been a great year for the team at Bubble. We are enjoying our new relationship with Matalan and hope to develop it further in the future."
Last year Matalan took its £30m marketing budget in-house and refocused on below-the-line activity. The move heralded the end of its relationship with its above-the-line shop M&C Saatchi and direct marketing operation Lida. The company divided the task between an in-house team and the Mancunian artwork and photography supplier Capricorn.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Manager - Brand EMR £80000 - £90000 per annum + Car & benefits , London