Aegis appoints Mr Fixit to lead French media operations
LONDON - Aegis, the marketing and media research group, has appointed Philippe Bourguignon, the man known as France's Mr Fixit and saviour of EuroDisney, as chairman of Aegis Media France.
Bourguignon was until recently co-CEO of the World Economic Forum and he also sits on the boards on eBay, the European bank Dexia-Bil and the Paris daily newspaper Liberation.
Prior to that he was chairman and chief executive officer of EuroDisney and executive vice-president for The Walt Disney Company in Europe. At EuroDisney he was credited with reviving the troubled theme park. He subsequently became the chairman and chief executive officer of Club Med.
Doug Flynn, chief executive officer of Aegis Group, said: "Jerry Buhlmann, our CEO Aegis Media Europe, and I are very much looking forward to welcoming Philippe Bourguignon. He is a well-known and highly respected business leader in Europe who will bring to our group his experience in brand development and his corporate vision. France is one of our most important media operations and we have there an outstanding management team led by Laurent George, CEO of Aegis Media France"
He will join Aegis Group, which as well as Carat also owns the Vizeum media network, in early April.
Earlier this month, Aegis Media predicted growth in European adspend during 2004 while unveiling increased revenues and profits for 2003. Revenues were up 9.6% to £649m and profits rose 12.7% to £80.5m.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham