Buongiorno Vitaminic supports HIV fight in South Africa
LONDON - Buongiorno Vitaminic, the digital marketing company, is to support the campaign to prevent HIV infection in South Africa.
The company, which has offices in Italy, the UK and other countries, is to provide Nokia phones, digital cameras and other gadgets as prizes for a new reality television programme.
Buongiorno Vitaminic will also provide SMS technology to enable the audience to participate in competitions and send feedback, plus wallpaper and ringtones relating to the programme. A share of the revenues generated will also be donated to fighting HIV.
The beneficiary is Lovelife, the South African national HIV prevention programme. It was launched in 1999 to educate young people about HIV infection in South Africa, which faces the possibility of more than 50% of people under the age of 15 being infected with the virus if current rates of infection continue.
Burton Katz, managing director of Buongiorno Vitaminic UK, said: "This is a great opportunity to get involved in an initiative that makes a difference to peoples' lives and ultimately the future of South Africa. It is also fulfilling to provide a service that -- because of its adoption by a youth audience -- actively enhances the overall offering and encourages participation."
Lovelife is funded by the Henry J Kaiser Foundation, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the Nelson Mandela Foundation, Unicef and the South African government.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Digital Designer Network Career Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £38000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Senior Web Analyst Zebra People £50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits, City of London