Fruittella returns to television with £2m marketing blitz
LONDON - The Fruittella confectionery brand is to return to television advertising for the first time in five years as part of a £2m integrated marketing blitz this month.
The campaign is being launched by the brand's owner Confectioner Perfetti Van Melle and is aimed at supporting the launch of its new Juice Wave range.
The creative for the television advertising, which was created in-house, involves children getting on the back of bullies and offering them Fruittella, which turns them into a fruit.
The ads are set to air during children's programming on ITV, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Sky One and have been produced by the Dutch confectionery firm's in-house creative team.
The campaign also involves sponsorship of the Cartoon Network show 'Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy' and a Euro 2004 football sponsorship link-up with children's comics The Beano and Dandy.
The TV activity is supported by an online game on the ITV, Sky One and Cartoon Network websites.
PHD's Rocket, which was hired two months ago, is handling media buying and Reload Marketing is managing a sampling campaign involving characters called the Juice Wave Fruit Patrol and targeting sites including Chessington World of Adventures and Thorpe Park.
Trade and consumer PR support is being provided by GCI London and Food Brokers is handling marketing and distribution.
Georgina South, marketing manager at Fruittella, said: "All these different marketing initiatives really demonstrate our commitment to developing the brand."
Further television advertising is expected to follow later in the year.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London