VisitBritain builds roster with integrated agencies
LONDON - VisitBritain has created its first roster of agencies and has appointed integrated shops Triangle Communications, Tullo Marshall Warren and Fox Kalomaski to its £7m marketing account.
The new roster, selected by VisitBritain director of international marketing Kenny Boyle and England marketing director Michael Bedingfield, will create campaigns in the UK and international markets.
The appointment of a roster of agencies is designed to enable VisitBritain to establish more consistent relationships with its agencies in order to build the Britain and England brands.
The agencies will work on campaigns to promote Britain to overseas tourists and UK holidaymakers. International campaigns will focus on touring, city breaks, good living, whereas domestic campaigns will concentrate on waterside, food and drink and relaxing-themed campaigns.
Boyle said that agencies would take on different elements of the international and domestic marketing work, although the duties of each agency is still being ironed out.
Earlier this year, VisitBritain developed a new brand strategy for domestic tourism to persuade Britons to take short breaks on their own doorstep rather than abroad.
Brand agency Corporate Edge was appointed to give "destination England" a more aspirational feel.
All marketing materials carried the strapline "Be yourself. Enjoy England" and featured images depicting the "authentic experiences" of holidays in England.
VisitBritain markets Britain to the rest of the world and England to the British. In 2003 there were 24.8m overseas visitors to Britain, a 3% increase on 2002, spending £11.9bn, a 1% increase on 2002. Domestic figures are currently unavailable.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- planning director > ATL > LONDON's BEST collectivo Up to £100,000 per annum + benefits, London