180 launches Bigdaddy in nod to 70s wrestling legend
AMSTERDAM - 180, the Dutch ad agency that shares the Adidas advertising account with TBWA\, is launching a new sports sponsorship business that has named itself after 70s British wrestling legend Big Daddy.
The new company, Bigdaddy, will be headed by sports marketing veteran Richard Denton. He has worked for IMG as a senior consultant in partnership with teams and events including the Fifa World Cup, the Ryder Cup, Wimbledon and the Uefa European Championship.
Denton will be working with 180 founding partner Alex Melvin. Melvin said: "Bigdaddy aims to create new concepts and powerful ideas for companies that wish to use the medium of sport to communicate with their consumers and customers. We're here for any company that wishes to build their brand through sport."
Guy Hayward and Chris Mendola, also founding partners of 180, will be supporting the new company.
"We think a brand's sponsorship and experience marketing initiatives deserve the same breakthrough creative ideas that the world's most iconic brands get through their advertising efforts -- we believe in applying the same standard; develop ideas that get people talking," Mendola said.
The wrestler Big Daddy, born Shirley Crabtree, found fame in the mid 1970s when he was one of the big names in British pro-wrestling before retiring in 1987.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London