Elle Deco appoints Ogundehin as editor to replace Loos
LONDON – Elle Decoration, the modern homes title, has appointed Michelle Ogundehin as its new editor to succeed Rachel Loos, who is moving to France.
Ogundehin has been editor-at-large of Elle Decoration since 1999 and will report directly to Julie Harris, general manager of Hachette Filipacchi's women's group.
Loos has a home in France and is leaving to set up a new business there with her husband.
The appointment marks the second major appointment for publisher Hachette Filipacchi, following the hiring of Lorraine Candy as editor of sister title Elle from Cosmopolitan magazine last week.
Ogundehin began her journalistic career working on the launch of Tate Art magazine, then moved to BluePrint where she rose to senior editor. She runs her own interior design and creative direction consultancy, MO: Studio, and has regularly produced interiors, lifestyle and travel features for The Observer magazine, Elle, Esquire and The Sunday Times Style Magazine.
Harris said: "She has the perfect combination of creative vision and commercial savvy gained through hard work on every rung of the publishing, styling, interiors ladder, to fully embrace the editorship of Elle Decoration."
Elle Decoration recorded a circulation of 60,045 in the latest ABCs.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Creative Project Assistant become £20K-£24K, London