JWT dramatises rapid reaction in debut Benadryl work
LONDON - Pfizer is targeting hayfever suffers in a new advertising push for Benadryl, the first campaign created for the brand by J Walter Thompson since it won the account last September.
The campaign is called "Rapid Response" and dramatises the speed with which Benadryl begins to work. It shows a woman on the way to meet her boyfriend, confirming that she will see him in 15 minutes. However, as she is walking along, she is accosted by clouds of dust, pollen and other irritants, making her sneeze and look uncomfortable.
An elite Special Forces team is tracking her, monitoring her distress. They arrive in a flurry of activity, including a man descending from a helicopter to offer her a Benadryl allergy tablet, before disappearing as quickly as they arrived.
The girl is then seen sitting with her friend in a beer garden, unaware that she is still being monitored by Benadryl forces.
This 30-second ad will run in conjunction with three 10-second spots, including one showing a cricketer getting ready to play; one showing a man opening a window to get a breath of fresh air; and a third, showing the Benadryl forces rescuing a girl getting ready to leave work for the day.
All the ads end with the line: "The Pollen Count, sponsored by Benadryl".
The campaign breaks tomorrow and was written and art directed by Chips Hardy, creative director at JWT. Media is through MindShare.
Peter Wilson, group marketing manager for Pfizer, said: "We know that speed of action is one of the most motivating reasons for purchase, which is why we are most excited about the way in which we have dramatised speed within this piece of communication."
JWT picked up Pfizer's over-the-counter advertising work after the closure of Bates, brought about by WPP Group's acquisition of Cordiant Communications last year.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Designer (Packaging, Brochure, POS, Retouching) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer (Branding, Marketing, POS, Packaging) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London