Telegraph boosts business with new section and website
LONDON - The Telegraph Group is beefing up its support for business readers with a new weekly double-page spread and website that will highlight the daily challenges of running medium-sized businesses.
Launching on May 11, the Telegraph Business Club has already signed up sponsors HSBC, Demon, Sage and the DTI as part of a £750,000 deal, which will see a double-page advertorial spread in the business section of The Daily Telegraph and a website, the Business Club.
Aimed at medium-sized businesses, it will provide them with editorial support in the Daily Telegraph as well as online. The Business Club forms part of a long-term strategy for supporting the business readership of The Daily Telegraph.
Editorially, the Business Club will highlight the challenges of running medium-size businesses and will draw on expert opinion to present potential solutions. The network of Business Club members will also be available online to discuss their own tricks of the trade. The Business Club will be edited by Richard Tyler, editor of The Daily Telegraph Business2+Jobs section.
The club will also be sponsored by industry experts from around the commercial world as well as the DTI and other non-commercial government bodies. Ads for the Business Club will appear in the Daily Telegraph every Tuesday and wherever the Business Club logo appears, the sponsors' logos will also appear. A database of members will be accessible to sponsors.
Chris White-Smith, group sales director for the Telegraph Group, said: "This opportunity for business sponsors and readers alike is unprecedented. We see this business audience as one which we want to attract to the paper and see it as a route to increased circulation in the future."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London