Kylie links up with online fashion site to sell lingerie range
LONDON - AIM listed online fashion retailer ASOS, formerly asSeeononSCreen, has linked up with Kylie Minogue to sell her Love Kylie lingerie range.
The move comes a month after a trading update indicated that profits for the firm would be well above City expectations. The forecasted full year profits, to be announced in the summer, were expected to be £400,000, however, directors say that figure is likely to be at least £570,000.
ASOS was launched in 2000 and picked up the Sunday Times 'Best Trendsetter' award the same year.
It markets itself as selling celebrity inspired fashion, with other products including pearl chain jeans inspired by Victoria Beckham and baby doll dresses inspired by Kate Moss.
Kylie Minogue's launched her lingerie range in 2001 to cashi in on her legendary posterior.
She has been helped some racy Agent Provocateur ad, which was only shown in cinemas after being deemed too raunchy for TV.
At the time said: "My aim is that the lingerie is fashionable, flirtatious, comfortable and enjoyable to wear." Although most of us will have to come to terms with the fact that no matter how "enjoyable to wear" it is, we are never going to look like her in it, it is nonetheless both sexy and sophisticated and I think most women would feel good in it.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Digital & eCRM Campaign Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire