Kylie links up with online fashion site to sell lingerie range
LONDON - AIM listed online fashion retailer ASOS, formerly asSeeononSCreen, has linked up with Kylie Minogue to sell her Love Kylie lingerie range.
The move comes a month after a trading update indicated that profits for the firm would be well above City expectations. The forecasted full year profits, to be announced in the summer, were expected to be £400,000, however, directors say that figure is likely to be at least £570,000.
ASOS was launched in 2000 and picked up the Sunday Times 'Best Trendsetter' award the same year.
It markets itself as selling celebrity inspired fashion, with other products including pearl chain jeans inspired by Victoria Beckham and baby doll dresses inspired by Kate Moss.
Kylie Minogue's launched her lingerie range in 2001 to cashi in on her legendary posterior.
She has been helped some racy Agent Provocateur ad, which was only shown in cinemas after being deemed too raunchy for TV.
At the time said: "My aim is that the lingerie is fashionable, flirtatious, comfortable and enjoyable to wear." Although most of us will have to come to terms with the fact that no matter how "enjoyable to wear" it is, we are never going to look like her in it, it is nonetheless both sexy and sophisticated and I think most women would feel good in it.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Partnership Manager Movember Competitive, Clerkenwell, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London