Cancer Research UK launches legacy trial
LONDON -Cancer Research UK is testing its first ever TV legacy drive to increase the number of its legacy donations.
A campaign comprising DRTV, radio advertising and a cold mail execution has been devised by WWAV Rapp Collins London to target the over 70s who are not yet aware or convinced of the advantages of legacy giving. It launches this week and if successful will be rolled out nationally.
The 40-second creative uses a montage of 'home movie' style life stage sequences starting with school days and progressing through marriage, a family and grandchildren.
The accompanying voiceover features a grandmother who has left a legacy to Cancer Research UK and remembers how she lost a friend to cancer during childhood: "In those days once you had cancer, that was it. Thank goodness times change...some of my nearest and dearest have been saved....I know my legacy will help save others when I'm gone."
The ad also draws attention to the fact that over half of Cancer Research UK's research is funded through legacies and encourages viewers to find out more about leaving a legacy by calling an 0800 number or visiting a Cancer Research UK shop.
The radio ad has been adapted from the TV script, whilst the mailing will highlight the concept of legacy giving, introduce Cancer Research UK and explain in detail how important legacy income is to the charity.
The TV ad will be trialled in the West Country and the radio ad will feature nationally. The mailing will be tested in the TV region and other areas where the TV ad has not been aired.
Duncan Bell at Cancer Research UK, said: "Legacy gifts fund over half of our research yet nationally only one in twenty people currently remember a charity in their will. The TV ad graphically illustrates how times have changed, how more people now survive cancer and how a legacy donation can help save more people in the future."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London