Times kicks off Euro 2004 with TalkSPORT sponsorship
LONDON – The Times has signed a sponsorship deal with Kelvin MacKenzie's TalkSPORT for its flagship drivetime programme.
The sponsorship, which begins today, will see the show renamed 'The Game' after The Times's Monday football supplement.
Andrew Mullins, marketing director of Times Newspapers, said: "Like TalkSPORT listeners, Times readers are passionate about sport, and in particular passionate about football. The team at TalkSPORT has worked with our media agency Carat to put together an extremely creative sponsorship."
Hosted by Patrick Kinghorn and Tony Cascarino, the drivetime show has the second-largest audience on TalkSPORT. The sponsorship will run from Monday to Friday between 4pm and 7pm.
Ashley MacKenzie, sales director at TalkSPORT, said: "We are looking forward to having The Times as our sponsor and what better way to kick off the partnership than with Euro 2004 only weeks away."
The Times was recently named as the best newspaper for sports coverage at the Sport Industry Awards.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham