Gemdale to take China real estate battle to Vanke
SHANGHAI: Publicly-listed real estate company Gemdale Industries is preparing to take the branding battle to market leader Vanke.
The company has hired TBWA\Shanghai following a three-way shootout to handle its advertising account. It is understood that Ogilvy & Mather was one of the agencies that participated in the review.
Gemdale is looking to close the gap between itself and Vanke, which has taken the lead in building its brand for top-of-mind awareness in the fast-expanding China market.
"Gemdale has always presented a very rational front and is short of 'human' touches... We want to come across as a more approachable and caring company," said its president Zhang Huagang. Referring to TBWA's 'Disruption' philosophy, Zhang noted that the agency had presented a thinking process that was different from other pitch contenders.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)