Grey Goose opts for low-profile HK roll-out
HONG KONG: High-end vodka brand Grey Goose Vodka has seen significant response following its low-profile rollout in the city.
Dubbed a "small-scale launch" by Christelle Laur, the Hong Kong general manager of Montrose - which distributes the vodka in Hong Kong and China - the 'ultra-premium' drink was officially unveiled at a celebration of the Fortune 500 in Hong Kong.
Laur said the decision to partner with the AOL Time Warner title was straightforward, given Grey Goose's long-standing relationship with the publication in the US, and the synergies between the two companies' target markets.
"Grey Goose Vodka is the official sponsor for the Fortune 500 event in New York, and there is a special Fortune cocktail," noted Laur.
"The people who read Fortune are exactly the people we are targeting."
Competition among premium vodka brands in Hong Kong is fierce, with Grey Goose vying for market share with Chopin, Belvedere and Ketel One. Attempting to emulate its status in the US, where it is the number one ranked premium brand, Laur confirmed that Grey Goose is already out of stock, barely a month after market entry.
"The brand already has huge recognition," said Laur. "It has already sold out after faxing out just one announcement letter."
Laur did not rule out the possibility of running an advertising campaign, but stressed that the initial approach would be strictly 'wait-and-see'.
"The next event will probably be a trade launch, probably in September," said Laur.
"In six months, we will launch the flavoured vodkas."
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London