UIP promotes Shrek 2 online with MSN campaign
LONDON - United International Pictures has appointed Zed to handle online media for the launch of Shrek 2, including a deal with MSN's Instant Messenger service.
The MSN deal will see users able to download Shrek 2 emoticons for three weeks, starting from June 12.
It is one of a number of online promotions to highlight the release of the film, which stars the voices of Mike Myers, Cameron Diaz and Eddie Murphy.
The 'Shrek 2' trailer will run on the MSN Today Homepage, and there will also be age-targeted placements in Hotmail. Creative for the campaign was handled by Feref.
Zed, part of ZenithOptimedia Group, has previously worked on campaigns for the launch of the UIP 'Van Helsing', with a tie-up with Yahoo!.
Steve Hunt, senior media manager at UIP, said: "Internet has now become valuable at delivering volume of audience combined with unrivalled interaction that will help deliver the film experience."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London