Sky Sports to launch mobile videoclip service with 3
LONDON - Sky Sports has unveiled a partnership with mobile phone firm 3 to show videoclips of programmes, including Premiership highlights, across the network.
The channel's coverage will join a stable of programmes already available on the Hutchison-owned network's Today on 3 service, which also includes entertainment news and current affairs.
The service, which has just launched, will include match highlights, previews and archive footage of next year's FA Premier League, as well as general sports bulletins, global news stories, European golf and clips of its weekly 'Soccer AM' show.
According to Sky Sports, all clips will be up to two minutes long and can be accessed through 3's video streaming service QuickPlay.
Gareth Jones, 3 UK chief operating officer, said: "Through our partnership with Sky Sports, we're bringing the best of sports broadcasting to our customers and confirming Today on 3 as the home of mobile sports news and video."
Stephen Nuttal, Sky Sports head of enterprise, said: "This deal further underlines Sky's proposition of delivering sports content via a cross-media experience -- television, online and video mobile.
"I'm sure our experience of producing such material will ensure that 3's users can benefit from an unrivalled range of sports related news and coverage on the move."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)