Dentsu Europe wins Lexus below-the-line account
LONDON - Dentsu BLD Europe, the European hub of Dentsu, has won the pan-European below-the-line account for Lexus.
The appointment follows that in April of Saatchi & Saatchi to the £28m pan-European Lexus advertising account, which the agency is running out of its recently launched subsidiary, Team One Europe.
Dentsu BLD Europe, a through-the-line agency of 100 people based in Brussels, has already been working with Lexus for the last four years.
Douglas Levitt, Dentsu group president, said: "We are now entering an exciting new era for the brand. Our goal will be to help communicate the Lexus brand values throughout its BTL material in newer and more exciting ways."
The agency said that it will be focusing on a new style of photography and will mean rethinking the current communication elements to ensure a seamless visual style throughout the range of Lexus materials that its customers come in contact with.
Tony Cutler, country marketing manager for Lexus Europe, said: "We choose Dentsu because it showed a very deep understanding of what we needed to achieve with our new look and feel. In addition to this, its unique multicultural set up will help us avoid the kinds of problems other brands face when developing these programs."
Lexus called a pan-European pitch in December in an attempt to consolidate its business.
Dentsu will work on the launch of the new RX400h, Lexus' first luxury hybrid vehicle. The RX400h will arrive in European showrooms in January 2005.
The business does not affect the UK where Lexus is handled by Partners Andrews Aldridge.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)