Naomi Campbell moves to TV as she fronts reality show
LONDON – Supermodel Naomi Campbell, famous for her strops and fights with the press, is hoping to show a different side of her personality with the launch of a reality TV show where she will turn fashion students into top designers.
The show is to be filmed in autumn and will be modelled loosely on the Channel 4 ratings winner 'Jamie's Kitchen', where chef Jamie Oliver trained underprivileged youngsters to work in the kitchen of his restaurant 15.
In Campbell's show, the Streatham-born model will scout the US's top fashion schools to find 10 students who she will teach how to launch their own business. She will also oversee their training, although there is no word on whether she will show them how to throw a good strop.
According to the Mail on Sunday, there may be cameo appearances from her close friends Donatella Versace and Valentino. Campbell hopes that the show will be screened in the UK if it proves successful in the US.
Campbell's modelling career seen her strut the catwalks for almost 20 years. She has also turned her hand disastrously to writing a novel called 'Swan', recording an album, as well as designing her own fashion label and running her own events company.
The model was recently in the news for winning her long-running court battle with the Daily Mirror, over publishing pictures of her visiting Narcotics Anonymous.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)